During an internationally televised broadcast, Shanghai Media Group (“SMG”) said, “video production and distribution market in China was worth nearly 10 billion Yuan” and Dortch’s content was described by SMG as being “amazing.” Dortch said, we “have shots all over the world, from some of the highest peaks of Everest, to some of the lowest places on Earth” (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8g4f4shw5Dk)
During an interview conducted by the, Daily Herald sDortch spoke of digital media and its role in the Chinese government: “For me, there is a deeper mission,” Dortch said. “We will be contributing to positive media to build a better society” Read More
Newswriter Debra Lordan of S Pacific Media Group wrote the following about Dortch, “The idea to preserve and honor the area through photos and film footage fits perfectly with Dortch’s former career as a National Geographic photographer and cinematographer, where he digitized and distributed multimedia content online” Read More
Markee Magazine wrote, “It’s easy to see why the company’s artsy collection is noteworthy, as Dortch points out that the company’s cinematographers have acquired content ‘in hundreds’ of national parks, in addition to a more recent and more daunting task: spending ‘several weeks with the U.S. military shooting high-speed footage of C4 explosions, machine guns, operating shots from Chinooks, Black Hawk helicopters and many other military vehicles,’ Dortch said View PDF
Adobe called the digital imagery created by Branson Media Group’s co-founder, “amazing, stunning work” that caused “Goosebumps in the audience!” Read More
Established exclusive partnership with Shanghai Media Group
Nov 2014 – Present
- Worked to build a mutually exclusive reciprocal distribution partnership with Shanghai Media Group, the second largest government-owned media conglomerate in China, then created an international, multi-language team working to create digital media, photography, and footage that was distributed to a network of agents globally.
- SMG TV Interview: Watch on YouTube
- Daily Herald Press Announcement: Read Details
Founded and Exited StockFootage.com
Jun 2012 – Apr 2015
- Recruited and trained an international workforce to supply high-quality video footage to global stock media agencies including Getty Images, Shutterstock, iStockphoto, Fotolia, Corbis, Pond5, and over 400 of our own websites, including StockFootage.com
- Provided cinematography and production services to international clients such as National Geographic, LG Electronics, Adobe, T3Media, Discovery, and many others.
- Provided company interviews to SMG, Deseret News, Daily Herald, Post Magazine, Markee Magazine, and others
- Built in-house production unit, model and location databases, image content suppliers, and retouching teams dedicated to the delivery of high-end authentic commercial imagery in a rapidly changing environment.
- Managed a multi-language working environment. Supported and trained roles of leadership, management, and coaching to direct reports
- Oversaw budget analysis reports, project proposals, and creative research
- Worked directly with offshore distribution teams in Chengdu, Beijing, and Shanghai.
- Supervised investments for IRS & Chinese tax compliance
Helped create the viral “Will It Blend” video series with over 285,786,308+ views
Nov 2012 – Apr 2014
- Dortch’s company CMG produced the viral video series for Blendtec called “Will it blend?” (youtube.com/user/Blendtec). These videos soon received international attention and around 300 million views.
Produced and Directed project with LG Electronics and billionaire Bruno Wu for 2016 Summer Olympic Games in Rio
Dec 2013 – Apr 2014
- Procured investment from LG Electronics (lg.com) and billionaire entrepreneur Bruno Wu (forbes.com/profile/bruno-wu), then produced, directed, and shot 8K Ultra HD scenes in Rio Brazil, which were then licensed to several international television companies preparatory to the 2016 Summer Olympic Games (olympic.org/rio-2016). Footage from this project was featured by Nikon (nikon.com) , a sample of which can be seen on YouTube (youtu.be/wZCsegPiojc).
Spent 50 days in Israel shooting Ultra HD scenes for an award-winning BBC documentary.
Jul 2013 – Aug 2013
- In a major two-part series, nine of the world’s leading Biblical experts re-examine the Gospel accounts of Jesus’s life. Using the very latest archaeological, historical and theological research, the programs analyze the key influences on Jesus’s teaching, explore the land in which he lived and preached, and encounter the people who surrounded him. Illustrated with specially-shot drama footage of the key moments in Jesus’s life, aerial and time-lapse footage, these experts investigate the true meaning of the 2000-year-old story of Jesus, and what it meant to his original first century followers. Cinematographer and post-production supervisor, overseeing the editing, motion graphics, and color correction for the award-winning, 145-minute, BBC documentary entitled “The Story Of Jesus.” Locations included: Bethlehem, Holy, Sepulchre, Capernaum, Jerusalem, Dome of the Rock, Golgatha, Garden Tomb, Sea of Galilee, Arbel, Ein Gedi, Caesarea, Mitzpe Ramon Crater, Wadi Zin Desert, Nahal David, Nimrod Castle, Carmel Mountains, Banias, Antipas Palace, Banyans, Baram Ruins and Ancient Synagogue, Kemach Waterfalls, Mount Tabor, Ein Harod, Dor Beach, Adamit Park Caves Arch, Tel Aviv, Dead Sea, Carpentry, Desalination Plant, Zenith Solar Plants, Tel Beer Sheva, Masada, and Beit She’an.
Created an episode of “Leno’s Garage” with Jay Leno featuring VIA VTRUX and Bob Lutz (father of the Viper).
Jun 2012 – Jul 2012
- Producer, Cinematographer, Editor, and Motion Artist for an episode of “Leno’s Garage” with Jay Leno featuring VIA VTRUX and Bob Lutz (father of the Viper), as seen on YouTube (youtu.be/p5STy6HRZEQ)
Used state-of-the-art equipment to capture imagery of an elite fighting force within the United States Special Forces.
Jan 2012 – Apr 2012
- Spent several weeks working with the US special forces group 19 under the direction of Major Besinger and Sergeant Felingham creating video footage and images of many remarkable events and taking operating shots from within a hummer, a chinook, a Blackhawk helicopter, and several other military vehicles. We captured a Blackhawk lifting a hummer both from within the helicopter and from the ground using a RedOne, Phantom, and multiple other cameras, and slow motion footage of machine gun firing towards the camera, grenades, mortars, and over 1,000 pounds of C4 explosions. We captured vehicles and soldiers in the rain and mud firing all sorts of different weapons with close-ups of many soldiers in their body armor and military avvttire and organized the signing of over 100 model releases.
Cinematographer for film featuring IMAGINE DRAGONS.
Sep 2011 – Oct 2011
- Project: https://twitter.com/Imaginedragons
Time-lapse work with Tom Lowe on Award Winning Ultra HD Documentary, entitled: Timesapes
Aug 2010 – Oct 2010
- Freelance cinematographer hired by Tom Lowe to shoot for the award winning Ultra HD documentary entitled Timescapes, renowned as the world’s first movie to be sold to the public as a 4K file.
Motion Graphic Design and Editing for OSMOND 50th, 2009 World Tour, and PBS Documentary
- The Osmond’s filled the Wembley Arena (sits 90,000 people) 3 nights in a row! Then continued their tour throughout the world. I did all of the onstage video, Motion Graphic Design and Editing for Osmond 50th, 2009 World Tour, and PBS Documentary.
- More Info
Project with DAVID ARCHULETA
- When he was twelve years old, Archuleta became the Junior Vocal Champion on Star Search 2. In 2007, at sixteen years old, he became one of the youngest contestants on the seventh season of American Idol. In May 2008 he finished as the runner-up, receiving 44 percent of over 97 million votes.
Edited graphics and shot footage for nationally televised live performance on stage with 21,000 people
Formed a business and multiple newspaper publications, then sold the business
- Founded an LLC and started three publications, organized bi-weekly distribution to over 1,500 homes, managed advertising, and worked as Editor-In-Chief overseeing all operations of each publication before selling the publications to a competitor.